Senior research scientist
Professor at Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
Deputy President of the Department of Civil Engineering
Phone: +33 (0)1 64 15 35 48
Fax: +33 (0)1 64 15 35 62
Building Carnot, office B110
- 2017 - now: Professor of Geotechnical Engineering, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- 2015 - now: Deputy President of the Department of Civil Engineering, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- 2014 (3 months): Visiting Professor, School of Civil Engineering, The University of Sydney, Australia
- 2005 - now: Research Scientist, Laboratoire Navier, Ecole des Ponts ParisTech
- 2006 (1 year): Post-doctoral researcher, Technical University of Catalonia (UPC), Barcelona, Spain
- 2014 : HDR in Geotechnics (Habilitation à diriger des recherches), Université Paris-Est, Marne-la-Vallée
- 2005: PhD in Civil Engineering, ENTPE / INSA de Lyon
- 2001: MSc in Civil Engineering, ENTPE, Lyon
- 2001: Ingénieur des Travaux Publics de l'État, ENTPE, Lyon
- Thermo-Hydro-Chemo-Mechanical couplings in fluids-filled geomaterials
- Time effects in geomaterials
- Finite Element modelling of coupled geomechanical problems
- Geomechanics of CO2 sequestration
- Methane hydrates bearing sediments
- Geothermal piles
- Offshore geotechnics (behaviour of deep marine sediments)
- Nuclear waste disposals (THM modelling)
- Embankments in areas liable to floodings (soils-atmosphere interactions)
- Chalk carries (time effects and partial saturation)
- Geotechnical engineering, École des Ponts ParisTech
- Mechanics of Soils and Rock, École des Ponts ParisTech
- Advanced geotechnics and Geomechanics, École des Ponts ParisTech
- Numerical Approaches for Non-Linear Mechanics, MSc AMMS, École des Ponts ParisTech
- Axelle Alavoine : Behaviour of hydrate bearing sediments, co-supervised with Dr P. Dangla, started in 2016.
- Benjamin Dardé : Hydromechanical behaviour of bentonite pellets and powder mixtures, co-supervised with Dr P. Dangla, Dr. J.-N. Roux & Dr. A. M. Tang, started in 2016.
- Hafsa Rahoui : Mechanisms of action of shrinkage reducing admixtures, co-supervised with Dr M. Vandamme, started in 2015.
- Hubert Habib : Behaviour of laterally-loaded deep foundations in soft soils, started in 2014.
- Laura Kerner : Dynamic soil-structure interaction : application to deep foundations of wind turbines, co-supervised with Dr P. Argoul, Dr. J. Canou, Dr G. Cumunel & Dr. J.-C. Dupla (2014-2017).
- Hugo Troupel : Creep of geomaterials subjected to varying environ- mental variables, co-supervised with Dr M. Vandamme (2014-2017).
- Mohamed Hassan Khalili : Micromechanics of creep in granular materials, co-supervised with Dr M. Bornert, Dr Brisard & Dr J.-N. Roux (2013-2016).
- Van Tri Nguyen : Behaviour of energy piles, co-supervised with Dr. A. M. Tang (2013-2017).
- Vinh Du Than : Mechanical behavior of bonded granular soils : experiments and discrete element modeling, co-supervised with Dr. A. M. Tang and Dr. J.-N. Roux (2013-2017).
- Nam Nghia Bui : Study of swelling of porous media induced by sursaturation and cristal growth, co-supervised with Dr. M. Vandamme (2012-2016).
- Linh Quyen Dao : Laboratory and numerical investigation of the anisotropic behaviour of natural Boom Clay, co-supervised with Dr. Y. J. Cui, Dr. A. M. Tang & Dr. P. Delage (2011-2015).
- Neda Yavari : Geotechnical aspects of foundation energy piles, co-supervised with Dr. A. M. Tang & Dr. G. Hassen (2011-2014).
- Valérie Vallin : Multiphysical approach of the perenity of CO2 geological storage — Influence of the behaviour of geomaterials and discontinuities, co-supervised with Dr T. Fen-Chong & Dr H. Wong (2010-2014).
- Jean-François Bruchon : Hydro-mechanical couplings in granular materials — X-ray microtomography approach, co-supervised with Dr M. Vandamme, Dr M. Bornert & Dr P. Delage (2010-2014).
- Florian Osselin : Sequestration of supercritical CO2 in deep saline aquifers : evolution of the petrophysical properties of the constitutive rock, co-supervised with Dr. P. Dangla, Dr T. Fen-Chong & Dr A. Fabbri, (2010-2013).
- Pengyun Hong : Thermo-hydro-mechanical behaviour of stiff clays accounting for salinity effects, with Prof. Cui Y.J. & Dr. Tang A.M. (2009-2013).
- José Muñoz-Castelblanco : Hydro-mechanical behaviour of a natural soil, with Profs. Delage P. & Cui Y.J. (2007-2011).
Post-doc fellows – Visiting Scholars
- Dr Nam Nghia Bui : Swelling of porous media induced by cristallisation, 02-2016 — 08/2017, co-supervised with Dr M. Vandamme.
- Dr Linlin Wang : Modelling the anisotropic hydromechanical behaviour of coal during CO2 injection, 09-2014 — 08/2015, co-supervised with Dr M. Vandamme.
- Dr. D. Nicolas Espinoza : Study of the hydromechanical properties of coal during CO2 injection, 01/2012 — 07/2013, co-supervised with Dr M. Vandamme.
- Dr. Norma Patricia López Acosta : Stability analyses of flood-protecting dykes submitted to rapid drawdowns, 04/2011 — 09/2011 (visiting scholar funded by EC-FP7-PEOPLE GEO-EXCEL project)
- Dr. Diego Manzanal : Numerical modelling of the effects of supercritical CO2 injection on the poromechanical properties of geomaterials & Numerical modelling of gassy soils, 02/2011 — 01/2013.
- Dr. Zemenu Yigzaw : Experimental characterisation of the effects of supercritical CO2 injection on the poromechanical properties of geomaterials, 02/2010 — 06/2012.
- Dr. Seda Sendir-Torisu : Mechanical behaviour of ocean sediments and offshore geohazards, 07/2009 — 06/2010
- J. M. Pereira, H. Wong, P. Dubujet, and P. Dangla, “Adaptation of existing behaviour models to unsaturated states: application to CJS model,” International Journal for Numerical and Analytical Methods in Geomechanics, vol. 29, no. 11, pp. 1127–1155, 2005.
- O. Coussy, J. M. Pereira, and J. Vaunat, “Revisiting the thermodynamics of hardening plasticity for unsaturated soils,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 37, no. 1–2, pp. 207–215, 2010.
- E. E. Alonso, J. M. Pereira, J. Vaunat, and S. Olivella, “A microstructurally based effective stress for unsaturated soils,” Géotechnique, vol. 60, no. 12, pp. 913–925, 2010.
- J. A. Muñoz-Castelblanco, J. M. Pereira, P. Delage, and Y. J. Cui, “The water retention properties of a natural unsaturated loess from northern France,” Géotechnique, vol. 62, no. 2, pp. 95–106, 2012.
- J.-F. Bruchon, J. M. Pereira, M. Vandamme, N. Lenoir, P. Delage, and M. Bornert, “Full 3D investigation and characterisation of capillary collapse of a loose unsaturated sand using X-ray CT,” Granular Matter, vol. 15, no. 6, pp. 783–800, 2013.
- N. Yavari, A. M. Tang, J. M. Pereira, and G. Hassen, “Experimental study on the mechanical behaviour of a heat exchanger pile using physical modelling,” Acta Geotechnica, vol. 9, no. 3, pp. 385–398, 2014.
- V. De Gennaro and J. M. Pereira, “A viscoplastic constitutive model for unsaturated geomaterials,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 54, no. October, pp. 143–151, 2013.
- J. M. Pereira and C. Arson, “Retention and permeability properties of damaged porous rocks,” Computers and Geotechnics, vol. 48, pp. 272–282, 2013.
- P. Dangla and J. M. Pereira, “A thermodynamic approach to effective stresses in unsaturated soils incorporating the concept of partial pore deformations,” Vadose Zone Journal, vol. 13, no. 5, p. 2136, 2014.
- D. N. Espinoza, J. M. Pereira, M. Vandamme, P. Dangla, and S. Vidal-Gilbert, “Desorption-induced shear failure of coal bed seams during gas depletion,” International Journal of Coal Geology, vol. 137, pp. 142–151, 2015.
- M. C. Todisco, M. R. Coop, and J.-M. Pereira, “Fabric characterisation in transitional soils,” Granular Matter, vol. 20, no. 2, p. 20, May 2018.